The TDSB is operating the summer co-operative education program again this summer. Summer school co-op education provides students with the opportunity to:
- explore a career
- develop marketable skills
- gain work experience sand references
- bridge the gap between school and work and post-secondary education
- earn two credits
Who is Eligible?
- TDSB students* who will be at least 16 years old by July 1, 2019
- Priority will be given to students who need two credits to graduate (current grade 12 who will have only 28 credits on June 30, 2019)
- Current grade 11 SHSM students who require co-op education to complete their SHSM course requirements
*Students with paid jobs may use their summer jobs for their co-op experiences if their supervisor agrees. Please note that the employer must agree to the co-op placement. A completed copy of the Paid Co-op Placement and Employer Information Form must accompany the application.
Students must be:
- willing to travel to placements within the City of Toronto
- available to attend the full program from July 2 to August 9, 2019
- available to attend the co-op preparation classes on May 11 AND on June 1, 2019
FAMILY VACATION PLANS CANNOT BE ACCOMMODATED
Auto Mechanic, Business/Clerical, Computer Repair and Refurbishing, Data Entry, Fashion, Food Service, Graphic Arts, Hospitality & Tourism, Marketing, Office Administration, Optometrist, Photography, Veterinary Assistant. NOTE: There are no placements in hospitals or policing in the summer program.
Steps to making an application to summer school co-op
The application consists of the following components:
- a Co-operative Education Summer School Application Form
- your Resume
- Paid Co-op Placement and Employer Information Form (only for students who wish to apply to use their summer job as their placement for earning co-op credits)
Step 1: Read the Summer Co-op Information 2019 document. You are able to apply online through eReg: https://ereg.tdsb.on.ca/public/conedstudentlogin.aspx
Step 2: Complete the Summer Co-op Application and prepare your Resume
Step 3: Upload the application form and resume through eReg OR email the application and resume to email@example.com
Step 4: Upload through eReg or email the Paid Co-op Placement Employer Form (for students who wish to apply to use their summer job as their placement for earning co-op credits)
Completed application packages must be received in eReg by March 4, 2019. Late applications will NOT be considered.
Please note that this program is coordinated centrally through the TDSB, NOT through SATEC @W.A. Porter C.I. Students must follow the instructions listed above to apply to this program. The Summer Co-op Information Sheet addresses many questions about the program.
There will be a lunch time meeting in the auditorium on Monday Feb. 25, 2019 for grade 11 SHSM students to learn more about the summer co-op program.