All programs in the FSL curriculum at the secondary level share a common vision. Students will communicate and interact with growing confidence in French, one of Canada’s official languages, while developing the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to participate fully as citizens in Canada and the world.
In all French as a second language programs, students realize the vision of the FSL curriculum as they strive to:
• use French to communicate and interact effectively in a variety of social settings;
• learn about Canada, its two official languages, and other cultures;
• appreciate and acknowledge the interconnectedness and interdependence of the global community;
• be responsible for their own learning, as they work independently and in groups;
• use effective language learning strategies;
• become lifelong language learners for personal growth and for active participation as world citizens.
Our Grade 12 graduates have the opportunity to write the Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française (an international certification of bilingualism)
Our Grade 11 and 12 students have the chance to participate in the Toronto Universities’ French Contest at Glendon, York University or the University of Toronto.
We participate in the Concours d’art oratoire (French Speech Arts Competition).
We also run the French Club, a weekly meetup for any interested students to speak and interact in French, and to experience different aspects of French culture (food, movies, music, celebrations, etc.)
The French Department Office is located in room 223.
The French teachers at SATEC are Madame Larsen (Curriculum Leader), Madame Elliott, Monsieur Ionescu, and Madame Ng.
Field Trip to Le Papillon on Front.
French Courses Offered at SATEC
|Course Code||Course Name||Course Profile|
|FSF1D1||Grade 9 French (Academic)|
|FSF1P1||Grade 9 French (Applied)|
|FSF101||Grade 9 French (Open)|
|FSF2D1||Grade 10 French (Academic)|
|FSF3U1||Grade 11 French (University)|
|FSF4U1||Grade 12 (University)|