Course Selection for 2018-2019
Important documents needed for the course selection process for next year;
- The SATEC Course Selection Sheet: lists the courses offered at SATEC.
- The SATEC Supplement to Choices: describes specialized programs offered at SATEC.
- The Secondary Choices Placemat
To help you make the right choices please follow these guidelines:
- Choose wisely: take into account your marks (are you ready for the next level in a course?).
- Read carefully with your parents the description of all courses that can be found here. Are these the ones you are interested in? Are they offered at SATEC?
- Make sure you have the necessary prerequisites.
- Next year’s Grade 11 & 12 students should pay special attention and read with their parents the SATEC Supplement to find out about SATEC’s specialized programs (CISCO, SHSM-Environment, SHSM-Information & Communication Technology) that will qualify students for the Red Seal on their High School Diploma.
- Grade 9 – 11 Home Form & Coop Students/Parents: Complete your course selection using the www.myblueprint.ca/tdsb website, print, sign and return the Course Selection Sign-Off Page from the My Blueprint website.
Please consult the Guidance Department if you need assistance.
Students’ selections at this time affect SATEC teacher staffing and the number of courses for next year. Please choose your course requests carefully.
Course Change Request After myBlueprint Deadline
- March 5 to March 22 – you can request an adjustment to your course selection choices for 2018-19
- March 23 to end of May – No course selection adjustments
- End of May to end of JUNE – you can request a change to your timetable (accommodations made if available & reasonable)
Important Files and Links
- myBlueprint Website
- Specialized High Skills Major
- Course Selection Assemblies
- Course Selection Sheet: Grade 9 Course Selection
- Course Selection Sheet: Grade 10 Course Selection Sheet
- Course Selection Sheet: Grade 11 Course Offering Sheet
- Course Selection Sheet: Grade 12 Course Offering Sheet