Course Selection for 2018-2019
To facilitate the process of selecting courses for next year, you have been given;
- The SATEC Course Selection Sheet: lists the courses offered at SATEC.
- The SATEC Supplement to Choices: describes specialized programs offered at SATEC.
- The “Choices” magazine: provides course descriptions and guidance information.
To help you make the right choices please follow these guidelines:
- Choose wisely: take into account your marks (are you ready for the next level in a course?).
- Read carefully with your parents the description of all courses found in the “Choices” magazine. Are these the ones you are interested in? Are they offered at SATEC?
- Make sure you have the necessary prerequisites.
- Next year’s Grade 11 & 12 students should pay special attention and read with their parents the SATEC Supplement to find out about SATEC’s specialized programs (CISCO, SHSM-Environment, SHSM-Information & Communication Technology) that will qualify students for the Red Seal on their High School Diploma.
- Grade 9 – 11 Home Form & Coop Students/Parents: Complete your course selection using the www.myblueprint.ca website, print, sign and return the Course Selection Sign-Off Page from the My Blueprint website.
- Grade 12 Home Form Students/Parents: Complete, sign and return the Course Selection Sheet.
Please consult the Guidance Department if you need assistance.
Students’ selections at this time affect SATEC teacher staffing and the number of courses for next year. Please choose your course requests carefully. Course change requests after May 1st will only be considered if there is space in the requested course.
Important Files and Links
- My Blueprint Website
- Specialized Programs
- Specialized High Skills Major
- Specialized High Skills Major Program Requirements
- Course Selection Sheet: Grade 9
- Course Selection Sheet: Grade 10, 11 and 12
- TDSB Choices Magazine
- Graduation Requirements
- English, Math and Science Course Progression
- MyBlueprint Course Selection Help Sheet
- MyBlueprint Course Selection PowerPoint