Students commencing grade 9 at SATEC @ WA Porter CI for September 2017 are being offered the chance to earn a high school credit before they enter their grade 9 year.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and build problem solving skills
- Develop time and organizational management skills; essential for high school success
- Strengthen Science, Technology and Math foundations (STEM)
- Enhance the transition for high school readiness
- Students will participate in field trips/events that are low cost (TTC tickets are not provided)
- Enhance presentation and interpersonal skills
- Work with SATEC staff at excellent facilities
- Receive a TEJ101 Exploring Technologies credit
Program Dates & Times
Classes will run consecutively Tuesday July 4 to Friday July 28, 2017. Class time is 8:45 am to 3:30 pm. There will be a 45 minute lunch break. Students are to bring their own lunch (there is no food service); they are not permitted to go off site.
We are only accepting the first 125 applications; therefore applications must be thoroughly
completed and directly handed in at SATEC’s main office by Monday June 5, 4:00 pm. Successful students will receive a confirmation email by June 23 with instructions for the first day.
For further information please contact Ms. Ramlochan, Vice Principal at SATEC at 416-396-3365, x 20012, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for an application: SATEC summer school credit program 2017