Library Hours September 2015 – June 2016
The Library is open mornings from 8:20 a.m. and for the entire lunch hour
The Christine Webb Library Resource Centre supports the Ontario Secondary School Curriculum by providing resources to students and staff through the processes of research. These resources take multiple forms: print, audio and visual, computer and electronic. We encourage the love of reading and literary achievement through our diverse fiction collection and a wide variety of resources including print, non-print and electronic learning to assist students and staff in retrieving and processing information. We provide students with recent periodicals and pleasant seating to keep abreast of current events.
Students have access to photocopying (10¢ per page) and colour printing ($1.00 per page). Our work table tools assist students to assemble and complete class projects and Independent Study Units.
For a complete list of the services and resources available in the Library Resource Centre, please consult the library area of the SATEC website.
SATEC Library Online
The quick Library link on the SATEC website is a tool for students to navigate the research websites, databases, ebooks and the book and video catalogue. Students can access The Research Toolkit for assistance in writing papers and citing sources. The Library website also provides a link to the Toronto Public Library system. All school electronic resources are available from home and remote access by using passwords found on the Learnmark Bookmark available on the front desk in the Library. Click the link below for access.
School and Library Policies
- All school rules apply in the library including uniform & behaviour rules.
- No food and drink are allowed in the library.
- Backpacks and Bags must be stored in the cubbies provided at the library entrance.
- Students must produce their photo ID student card to borrow materials and use computer labs.
- To access the Library at lunch, students must have their agenda signed by a staff member.
Library Helpers and Volunteers
- Students who enjoy working with books are invited to join our volunteer program.
- Students learn clerical skills while accruing mandatory community service hours for their graduation requirement.
Teacher-Librarians: Ms. Elliott, Ms. Lee, Ms. Knight